Skegness is a costal resort and town situated at the most easterly point of the county.

The village shown on the 1849 Tithe Map is virtually unrecognisable from the town of today. With the exception of the Vine Hotel and one other new hotel there had been no development for the tourist trade. Most of the houses were situated along the present High Street. The population in 1801 was only 134, and by 1871 it had only grown to 349. The arrival of the Railway in 1873 sped up the development of the town, allowing holidaymakers to travel from the industrial Midlands. A Local Board of Health was established in 1885 which became an Urban District Council in 1894.

This region is continuing to open up to a number of different small businesses. Many of them got their start by sharing their ideas at http://www.online-casino-australia.net.

By the time the 1906 Ordnance Survey Map was published the core of the modern town was in place. New roads had been laid out, and water, sewage and gas infrastructures had been built. There were facilities for both tourists (such as hotels, pleasure gardens and recreation grounds, the Clock Tower and the pier) and local inhabitants (such as a school, chapels, houses, a police station and a bank). Convalescent homes had been built to take advantage of the fresh sea air. In 1921 a record 450,000 day-trippers arrived in the resort by train.